Drupal is a free, open source and advanced content management system and development framework. It is written in PHP programming language under GNU General Public License. It has a large, supportive community. Drupal provides a user interface that allows to create and publish the content. It supports collaborative authoring, newsletters, texts, videos, polls, blogs, podcasts, images, it also has an advanced menu, graphics, modification tools, large number of modules, themes, templates, and plugins.
Drupal: Advantages of using Drupal
- It is open source software, the script contains contributed modules, and large number of themes and plug-ins for free.
- Drupal is highly customizable in terms of attributes like features, operation, layout and designs, which provides many choices to developers and designers to address clients’ requirement.
- Drupal is SEO-friendly: As SEO plays a crucial role in any company's online marketing strategies, it enables companies to make SEO-friendly websites. It has enormous flexibility to display content in a way that search engines like.
- Major social networking sites like Facebook, Youtube, Twitter and Google analytics, etc provide an extensive API support for Drupal. Developers can create own custom modules by using such API.
- It is an enterprise-class CMS in terms of scalability, flexibility, reliability, manageability, security, interoperability, and availability of resources. Developers can readily integrate it with other applications like SAP, phpBB, etc.
- The script includes capabilities of advanced users management, graphics management, page content management, and advanced administration management.
- Drupal allows companies to deploy core feature and functionality easily. Moreover, developers can make changes even after the website is deployed. This can help companies to modify their websites according to the business requirements.