CakePHP is an open source development framework for PHP which is powerful and easy to grasp, uses design patterns like Associative Data Mapping, Front Controller, and MVC. It makes developing and maintaining web applications easier and faster while requiring less code. It is perfect for both small as well as complex systems, use in commercial applications. CakePHP comes with built-in tools for input validation, CSRF protection, prevention from XSS and SQL injection. It does not require complicated XML or YAML files.
CakePHP: advantages of using CakePHP
- It is an open source web development PHP platform. There are no licensing fees or any recurring charges for using this framework.
- It has customized fields and templates.
- CakePHP offers built-in validation features.
- Helps reduce web application development cost & time considerably.
- There are multiple language options in CakePHP.
- CakePHP needs zero configurations before developers can lay their hands on it.
- It uses pre-written codes which save a lot of development time.
- It is based on MVC model. This helps them to separate the data presentation layer from the business logic.
- It offers CRUD functionality. CRUD stands for Create, Read, Update and Delete, it helps manage data easily.
- It supports ORM technique. This allows incorporating the object-oriented programming for the project.
- Its automated configuration process auto-detects preferred settings, there is no need of configuring Linux-Apache-MySQL-PHP (LAMP) setup.