Five Elements Of Good Web Design.
Your website mirrors your brand vision. A perfect web design makes a good first impression on the customer. Thus, while designing a website, you should keep your visitors, customers, and audience in mind.
If things go right, your leads could soon convert into conversions. Besides, it also helps your brand to stand strong amidst the competitors.
Keep note that poorly designed websites are not trustworthy. It's a major turn-off for visitors, and they might not return to your website ever again!
So, the more updated your website design is, the better for you. Let's check out the five elements that make a good web design.
Content is the backbone of the website. If your content is top-notch, the customer traffic will increase. When curating the content, make sure that it's informative and adds value. Fill your website with blogs, infographics, videos, and images. Keep these points in mind during content creation.
- Add innovation to the content. While taking inspiration is a good step, come up with something that makes you different.
- Be concise with your sentences. Convey the on-point information in limited words.
- Avoid long and wordy sentences. Make sure one sentence does not have more than 20 words.
- Add keywords within the first 100 words and conclusion. Do not overstuff your content with keywords.
- Divide the content into paragraphs. List your content in bulleted points.
- Include headings and subheadings for better readability.
The more user-friendly your website is, the more traffic you will generate. Regardless of whether visitors notice the usability or not, if they find your website easy to operate, they will come back.
It can generate desirable leads and sales. To ensure a user-friendly website here's what you need to follow
- Make your website mobile-friendly.
- Input every piece of information on the website.
- Add products and contact information.
- Place your logo on the top-left side.
- Provide online service.
- Add simple content.
- Add search functionality.
- Promote social media pages by displaying the icons.
When a website looks visually appealing, it instantly catches the eye of your visitors. However, the website outlook should harmonize with your services. Decide on a layout that's unique and better than your competitors.Follow these key principles for a good-looking website:
- Implement the right fonts, textures, and patterns.
- Add white space for less-cluttered content.
- Use high-quality and large pictures.
- Blend in the right contrast and colors.
- Think beyond the conventional layout. Add grids for that innovative design.
- Add graphics for website characters.
- Do not miss CTAs or Call-to-action.
Additionally, make sure that all the entities are balanced in the right amount. None of the elements should overpower the other one! Come up with a full-fledged plan first and then implement the ideas.
#4 Better Online Visibility
Content. Check. Usability. Check. Appearance. Check.
Now comes the main part, i.e., the online visibility! Make sure to concentrate on the relevant parts of digital marketing like social media, email marketing, and SEO. All these components will help you attract more user traffic to your website. There are distinct ways to grow your business and increase visibility
- Make your website pages more keyword-specific. Add keywords in URL, meta title, meta description, and image tags.
- Ease Google crawling through internal linking and regular SEO audit.
- Include more blogs and website pages.
- Add the websites to different platforms like LinkedIn, Facebook, Yelp, etc.
- Curate top-notch blogs and content for higher rankings.
- Be consistent on social media.
- Ensure good reviews and run Google Ads campaigns.
Online visibility indicates how common your website is on the search engines. Thus, low website ranking means low online visibility. To increase the website ranking, one should combine efficient SEO strategies with marketing campaigns.
#5 Highly Interactive Website
Another aspect of a good web design is interaction. You know you have entered a good website when you stay for long.
Similarly, your website should have every element that increases the stay time of a visitor. It should encourage the visitors to become customers.
While making your website interactive, do not go overboard and turn things annoying. Always draw a fine line between interaction and exaggeration. Here's what makes an interactive website:
- Ask your audience to give feedback, ratings, or comments.
- Incorporate gamification wherever necessary. It's a process of including gaming elements and turning from a non-gaming context.
- Add entertainment through quizzes, stories, and polls.
- Include CTAs and ask your visitors/customers to make comments.
Interactive websites can drive more engagement and action. It can increase the conversion rate and enhance your website SEO. As it creates an enduring effect on visitors, your brand is likely to become more popular.
So, these were five basic elements of a good web design. While these are standard factors, combine them with better speed optimization, innovative typography, and hamburger menus for better outcomes.